‘I seem to have been creating recipes all of my life. Not that I’m complaining. I can’t think of anything I’d rather do than hang out in the kitchen dreaming up new recipes. For me it all began in Hong Kong where I worked as a journalist for a local paper, and a request by my editors to write about local food and restaurants. What did I know about food back then? Not enough, but I was prepared to learn. And what a learning curve it proved to be!
It wasn’t hard to become besotted with Asian food, and I soon found myself just as intrigued by the health benefits attributed to the ingredients they used – madly exotic and mysterious all those years back, but so much a part of our everyday cooking now.
To this day I am in indebted to, and in awe of, those cooks, housewives and chefs around the world who happily shared their kitchens, their food and their life stories with me.
I am still hooked on food, after pouring my heart and soul into a swag of cookbooks, doing a ten year stint as a food writer for newspapers and magazines, even after forays into the weightier side of the food business, restaurant operations, food manufacture, advertising and promotion.
Just when I was considering hanging up my professional wok and immersing myself in fiction writing and the delights of my garden, my daughter Isobel came to me for help with fertility problems. Help, as it turned out, that a dedicated foodie could easily provide. A whole new career had opened up for me.’
‘I am looking forward to sharing my recipes, thoughts, advice and support with you on your journey towards fertility and conception.’
Jacki Passmore’s career in food has spanned more than three decades. She has lived, worked and published in several countries including Australia, USA, England, France, Egypt, Hong Kong, Thailand, Italy, Greece, Spain and India. She now makes Australia her home base.
Jacki has a Diploma in Dietetics and Nutrition and a Certificate in Food as Medicine: Fertility and Pregnancy from Monash University. She continues her research and studies in nutrition with particular relevance to food for fertility and for seniors.
Living Healthy Publishing
This small independent publishing house was established by Jacki Passmore in 2016.
We are based in Queensland, Australia, where we focus on producing high quality books on targeted dietary and nutritional issues, living clean and toxin free, and inspirational books to engage our readers and lead them on a journey towards healthier lifestyle choices.
Our innovative design and social media team brings a wide range of experience and creative talent to this vibrant emerging enterprise.
These are some of Jacki Passmore’s achievements in a stellar career…
- Award winning international cookbook author with over twenty major cookbook titles including The Encyclopedia of Asian Food and Cooking, Savouring China, The Complete Spanish Cookbook, The Noodle Shop Cookbook, Asia the Beautiful Cookbook, Vegetarian Thai and Gluten Free Bible.
- Food stylist, recipe creator and author of specialty cookbooks for food manufacturers
- Speaker on the Australian and international food circuit, on the subjects of Food History and Migration, Chinese and Spanish Cuisines, and speaker/presenter at Foods Writers events and symposiums.
- Collaborating author on the cookbook The Master Chefs
- Twelve years as food writer and restaurant reviewer for the Queensland newspapers Sunday Mail and Courier Mail
- Owner operator chef of the restaurants Gingers, Ginger Thai, Panini, Laksa
- Cooking school operator and freelance cooking teacher and lecturer
- Recipe developer and new product consultant to major Australian food companies