When you are eating to combat infertility, it’s not enough to eat a good diet of nutrient-dense fertility foods.
There are plenty of ‘bad boys’ ready to sabotage your efforts. We call them the ‘fertility foes’ because, believe me, they are the enemy of fertility.
Here’s some of the damage they can do:-
- cause inflammatory conditions
- upset your hormonal balance
- deplete minerals and vitamins
- affect thyroid balance
- prevent your body from absorbing nutrients
- provide nothing but ‘empty calories’ with zilch nutrition, while banging up your intake of toxic additives like colourings, emulsifiers, mould retardants and texturizers.
HERE’S OUR A-Z OF ‘FERTILITY FOES’.
Each week we will profile one of these ‘bad boys’, explaining why they can adversely affect fertility, and offering ways to avoid or replace them in your diet.
Commercial White Flour Baked Goods
Empty Calories (Fast Food)
High Glycaemic Index Foods
Low Fat Diets
Omega 6 as an excess of vegetable oil
Phytoestrogens (Estrogen Immitators)
Processed Foods, Pies & Pastries
Rancid Oils & Trans Fats
Raspberry Leaf Tea
Sodium Nitrites and Nitrates
Soft Drinks & Energy Drinks
Soy (except fermented soy products)
Stock Cubes & Powders